Chit Chat Telecoms spent over three years investigating and evaluating various technologies and Value Added Network (VAN) providers. We identified and partnered with a provider who has created a Service that is revolutionary to the VoIP market.
The priorities for Voice Communication to any Business is undoubtedly uptime and voice quality and so, we developed a Business Grade Service that surpasses all the technological challenges that the VoIP market has experienced.
In 2003 Telkom SA introduced ADSL with the advantage of being able to receive affordable data connectivity on the same copper pair as the normal telephone line. Bandwidth is becoming more affordable and as the uptake increases, ICASA is embracing their role as the Telecommunications Regulator and has opened up the regulatory framework to legalise public voice services, routing over IP connectivity. ICASA also initiated regulations to limit local bandwidth prices, which further boosted the VoIP market and encouraged IP to be used as a delivery medium.
The challenge of the current VoIP service providers has been the delivery of the Voice to its end-point. This includes:
- Jitters (caused by bad Network Routers, Switches, and VoIP equipment)
- Latency (Delays, caused by the routing of traffic out on the Internet, back to an Internet Service Provider, and then only forwarded to the Voice Service Provider)
- Breakup of voice (caused by Insufficient Bandwidth and an Inadequate Quality of Service implementation)
- Bad Audio Quality (caused by the wrong Compression CODEC)
- One-way speech (caused by bad VoIP equipment and incompatible Routers)
- Gateways requiring to be rebooted (caused by changing public IP addresses where hardware is unable to compensate for this change which occurs a minimum of every 24 hours)
Our platform is positioned in the national IP backbone which enables us to route traffic straight to our service without utilising the Public Internet for transport. We utilise expedited forwarding to ensure our voice packets are prioritised over all other types of traffic and we include free Voice DSL connectivity to our customers. Our service includes the following:
- Customized VoIP gateways, IP Phones, and Softphones compatible in the South African environment
- A Carrier Grade Softswitch situated on one of the most advanced IP Platforms and Infrastructure Providers available in South Africa, Verizon Business (this gives us access to ‘last mile’ connectivity)
- 3 x Redundant 100Mbps links to our Softswitch and routing environment
- 3 x Redundant 155Mbps ATM/STM links to the Telkom IPNET (where all of the country’s ADSL subscribers (IPDSLAMs) interconnect)
- 1:1 Bandwidth between our Softswitch and the Carrier Networks
- Expedited Forwarding of all voice traffic and routers in the network
- Direct Routing of all voice traffic directly to our platform on local routes, and not through the Internet
- Free VoiceDSL connectivity
- No requirement for Quality of Server (QoS) devices
- Low equipment cost
- Low call rates
- No configuration or setup on installation
VoIP Hardware – Gateways
Chit Chat Telecoms distributes a wide range of Voice over IP (VoIP) hardware including VoIP Gateways, Desktop Phones, Conference Phones and Network Peripherals. All Products are locally supported, maintained and controlled by our in-house Service Helpdesk.
VoIP Hardware – Desktop Phones
Our range of Desktop IP phones are all based on Open Standards. This allows you to connect to local IP based PABX’s or to third-party VoIP providers. Features and Functionality is dependent on SIP version and our experienced Engineers are available to assist with Integrations.
Desktop voice solutions from Polycom enable clearer, more productive conversations for any office, home office, or other desktop location.
The SoundPoint IP family of desktop IP phones delivers superb performance in SIP-based environments. Polycom Communicator delivers high-performance voice communications from your PC, and works with a variety of soft phone applications. The VoiceStation products feature robust enterprise-class conference phone performance in a compact, affordable package. The SoundPoint Pro products feature handsets with speakerphone capabilities for traditional analog phone lines. And the Polycom CX family of devices for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 offers a complete unified communications experience at a significantly lower total cost of ownership.